Wednesday, October 1, 2014

May 14



So in May I had a baby :)    i really should of tried to write out the birth story sooner.....  but it goes something like this......  We went to the hospital and walked one evening till 3am....... came back the next night and walked more,  no regular contractions at all,  like every 2,3, to 20 minutes,   but i was at like 5 or 6cm......  i kept telling them to break my water and the baby would fall out....  they wouldnt do it till the dr came in and he wouldnt be in till the morning,  then he didnt actually come in to see me till around 11 am.....  and he was ready to break my water but then he said "well if the baby will fall out can we wait till after my lunch meeting,  then i will come back and break your water and you can have the baby because then i will stay on the premises"
i almost killed him,    they gave me an epidural but it was too much i had them shut it off cuz i couldnt feel or move one of my legs. hated it.  he came back,  broke my water  and then the baby came out. all within like 30 mins,  just like i said,   good thing they let me labor with stupid contractions every 3 - 20 mins that were just annoying for 48 hours......  grumble grumble






Daxon Thomas was born on May 13th 2014 at 2:30ish in the afternoon  weighing 8lbs 2 oz the smallest baby of all 4 :) 
We named him Daxon Thomas because.....
Nick won the rights to pick his name after he tracked down my favorite vampire actor Ian Sommerhalder in Austin one weekend and got his picture taken with him.... I made a bet that if he found him he would get to name the baby. Ian almost didnt let nick take a pic with him, he blew him off and said he really didnt have time, and nick yelled after him "My wife says that if i get a pic with you i get to name our baby!"  and Ian was like "Well F yes then:" and they got a pic and then he asked what he wanted to name the baby and Ian's groupie said he should name him Ian.
At that point Nick actually wanted to name him Damon (which is Ians vampire name on the show) but he was too emabrassed to tell Ian that in person lol...
I did not like the name Damon at all.... so i still said no lol.  Nick also really liked the name Jackson, but that was too normal for me too...   so He smashed them together and said one night how about Daxon,  and we can call him Dax.  It took me a while to get to like it but now i really do..... I also always wanted to have his middle name be Nicholas. But Nick thought that naming the baby after himself was a little self righteous (i.e. Ember Elise..... ahem) But everyone else has a family name Wil is named after nicks dad William,   Cooper James,  Cooper is nick's middle name and James is my dad's name,  Ember Elise.... thats my name,  So Dax needed a family name..... Well it just so happenes that Daxon was born on Nicks most bestest friend's birthday,  his friend Tom has been his brother/best friend for his whole life,  and now we get to live about an hour away from him and it was his birthday......   So its perfect Daxon Thomas :)





Dax has added a whole new level of chaos to our family , it feels like a giant circus where ever we go......  we never get anywhere on time and im totally exhausted a lot..... but it is so much fun and we are so blessed to have all these beautiful spirits in my home


0 comments: