Monday, January 17, 2011

blood types

I am feeling really good today, my mom went home sunday morning, and nick and the kids took really good care of me yesterday, today im physically prety much better, My mission for today is to try to understand something that was told to me in passing sort of by my doctor and nurses, I have a negative blood type, i am 0-, apparently with a negative blood type, when you get pregnant if the baby has a positive blood type my body with all its negativity will attack it. that is without a (rogam)sp shot. That is if nick's blood type is positive, then that could happen, if nick's is negative then we are fine..... nick's blood type was tested when we were pregnant with wil, and they never talkd to me about a shot, at all, which makes me think that this is the case. WIth cooper i switched drs mid preg and they never talked to me about this, and also when i was about 6 weeks along with coop i had some bleeding, enough to go to the hospital and be worried.... Wil's blood type was also 0-, which they checked in the hospital when he was born, today my mission is to track down cooper's blood type, and nick's.... which might be harder, either way i have had the shot now, so if that was what happened with this preg the next one will be fine.... but I am just curious now!!! Maybe its my crazy way of trying to find a why when there might not be one?? But its just interesting that i am just now hearing about my violent blood type now with my 3rd preg.... wierd...
anywho, I'm going to curl my hair today, and put on makeup, and maybe go on a date with my hubby tonight, whom i love. he is the best!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Ricky's aunt has that same problem. She has three kids (all in the late 20's early 30's) but she told me that she had a few m/c before the Dr's finally figured it out. Once she got that shot it was no problem.

aubrey Jarvinen said...

hmm that is interesting...Davin and I are both o+ and so is Preston if i remember right lol we are all the same i guess. I have heard that mothers with negative blood types do require the shot after birth if the baby is positive but if the baby is negative as well then they will be fine if the blood mixes.