Monday, December 8, 2008

No more binki :(

Yesterday on the way home from church as i shove Wil's binki in his mouth to stop the loudness in the back seat nick is like "i thought you were gonna get rid of that thing by now" I totally had every intention of getting rid of binkis when the kid was like 9 months old.... now hes 19 months old and still totally addicted to it, and the worst part is that i can see it messin his teeth up already, giving him a huge over bite and i still couldnt take it away!! i worked at a pediatric dental office for a few years i know what im supposed to be doing!!! aahhhh. im more attached to the stupid thing than he is cuz i can give him his binki and his blanket and then he will snuggle with me like he's still my little baby and not this crazy toddler runnin around breakin everything.
So yesterday nick and i made a comand desicion to stop giving it to him all together. i hid em all and now its over.
Its been harder on me than him it seems, except nap time yesterday was really hard, he cried for about 30 mins then i had to rock him to get him to fall asleep, and he only slept for barely an hour before he was up crying again. but last night was way better. he whined himself to sleep, woke up once at about midnight crying for his "nigh night" thats what he was calling it, and then thats it, and no metion of it yet this morning.
i just dont want him to be big yet. i'm not ready, its too fast. big boy bed, no binki, sittin on potties, doesnt like to cuddle any more.
see its way harder on me :(

3 comments:

Amanda J said...

I know that feeling!! It's so hard! At least you'll have another baby soon to cuddle! That's how I got through everything with Nicholas. I reminded myself that there would be another one very soon.

Janee said...

I know what you mean! At least you can chuck the binkies and that's it...I don't know what to do about this suckin the fingers situation we have going on here!

Alyson said...

You're a better woman than me. It took me forever to get up the courage to get rid of the binky.