Wednesday, March 11, 2009



So its been a little more than three weeks with the new baby and we are surviving. yeah thats what you can call it, it was great the first week when my mom was here, she made everything so easy and played with Wil and kept everything clean. Having to do it all myself is exhausting, i can't comprehend what it would be like to have more than 2 kids.... ever, but we'll talk about that again in like 4 years... Cooper looks like a cabage patch doll with his huge chunky cheeks and curly hair, it cracks me up, he is super sweet and cuddly, he only likes to take naps in his bassinett when its quiet, if Wil is around he gets super angry, and he doesnt like to sleep in a chair, or really with you holding him for too long, hes kinda particular. But i am learning lol. Wil is adjusting great, he is gentle and a huge help, puttin binkis back in the babies mouth, getting diapers or finding the binki when it is lost. He's only tried to poke Coop's eye one time, maybe 2.
I am having the hardest time getting back into real life. especially because my car is broke and stuck at my sister-in-laws and nick takes the other car, soooo i get to sit inside all day everyday, its been since saturday since i have gotten outta here.... im going nuts.... and nick is going out of town for the weekend so there goes my only form of adult conversation till monday.... lol its really not funny but i gotta laugh so i dont cry. I didnt really get to depressed with Wil at all but after this baby, living in my in-laws basement, with no working car right now.... its really really really hard to stay on the sunny side of everything. i have lost the will to shower, very sad, but hopefully it will warm up, the car will get fixed and we can play outside, and go to the library like normal.

8 comments:

Alyson said...

He is SOOOOOOOO cute!

McGinnis Family said...

Cooper is so dang cuttte!!!! I love his hair and his adorable cheeks! Hang in there! I PROMISE it will get better! I remember feeling so overwhelmed after my Mom left and I was left to handle 2 kids on my own! YOu can do it, I promise!!!! Take it step by step and you'll be on top of things before you know it!

Frisbies Forever said...

Keep your spirits up. Keep track of how you feel though and call your Dr. if you need too. It is hard being by yourself. I know. I love you! You and baby look beautiful! Sunny side is my favorite side.

Tearz said...

YUP- I'm soooo coming over and bringing something. Not sure what yet, but something-hehahe. Hang in there girly.

Janee said...

Cooper is adorable! Love the curly hair (of course I'm a little biased).

I had horrible PPD after I had Maya. I can't even imagine having 2and being stuck in the house! Suck! Take a deep breath, take it day by day, and don't hesitate to call the doc if you need to! At least you look great! *Hugs*

~*~The McCoy's~*~ said...

Your posts always make me laugh b/c its similar to my life...though I wouldn't survive living in my in-laws basement. I would have killed myself long ago. Cooper is sooooo cute! i just want to squeeze his chubby cheeks! I definitely feel you on the lack of adult conversations. I don't know anyone here still and Daniel works 15 hours a day, so by the time he gets home at 8:30, he just wants to eat and go to bed and I'm already to talk his ear off. I just keep talking in bed at night and he'll finally say "you know I love you,but I really have to sleep". Don't worry, once you get your car back and it warms up there, life will beginning looking brighter:)Hang in there!

Amanda J said...

I so know how you feel! After I had Lilly we only had one car and I was stuck at home with two kids under 13 months while my husband worked 16 hour shifts. I almost went crazy! Make sure you get out of the house when Nick gets back. Even if it's just for a quick trip to the store!

Willow said...

Oh, what a darling baby. Those chubby, chubby cheeks are so adorable. I wish you were feeling better, but it will pass. Now that the weather is getting warmer (yay!)you can get outside for a little while, and that should help. Hang in there!

Lisa Gottlieb-Kinnaird