Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cooper James

This is alot for journaling purposes as well as to tell the whole story so if its long or boring or i say somethin gross ... sorry... lol
So Nick and i were playing video games on our romantic valentines day evening when i started having contractions every few minutes, which wasnt really uncommon for me because i have been having contractions for weeks now, but as usual i start timing them they were 3 mins apart and sort of strong for a while, when it got to be around an hour i told nick and decided to call the dr. we packed up quick and headed to the hospital, it was about 10pm when we got there, i was 4 cm so they kept me, it seemed like it took longer to get all the paper work filled out then the actual having the baby part. the dr came in about a half hour later and broke my water so i asked for an epidural, they were still waiting for my blood work to come back and said that they needed to wait for that before they could get me one and that it would slow down my labor anyways so they wanted me to wait a little bit...... i was not happy, 5 minutes and 2 contractions later i asked again, cuz they hurt really freaking bad and she said that "we dont want to slow down the labor so we want to wait just a little bit if i could hold on" 5 minutes later (prolly longer but it seemed real quick) i called the nurse again and said that i didnt care if it slowed down labor i wanted it now so they got the epidural guy in there real quick and he was awesome, he had the paper work done and everything in in only 6 mins lol. so once i was feeling a little better, i pushed the med button one time they came in and checked me and i was at an 8-almost 9!!!!! no freaking wonder it hurt so bad, my gosh, im still really glad they didnt check me before the epidural because they prolly wouldn't of let me get it. like a half hour later i was ready to push already, after a few pushes they got the dr in there, with barely enough time, he comes rushing in and im in the middle of pushing and the nurse tells me to stop!! im like stop?!?! are u serious?!?! get it out!!! lol the dr is throwing on his cape and gloves as fast as he can and 2 pushes later the baby was here!! lol, checked in at 10 cooper was born at 2:30 am, 4 hours, not bad at all


8lbs 6oz, with the biggest cheeks and double chin i have ever seen on any baby in my whole life lol

Wil and Nick came back the next morning at about 11am so that Wil could meet his brother, he was so sweet, all he wants to do now is give the baby hugs and kisses, and gets so worried when he crys


its so wierd how completely different he looks from Wil, Cooper looks just like his dad, he has this tiny little man face, every time i look at him i see nick and i love it. i never thought i would love havin so many boys around, its totally great!


this video is rather long but this is wil meeting his little brother cooper for the first time, he is really unimpressed, and still seems to be no big deal about it, im so glad, but we will give it a few more days.

Today we took Coop in to the dr and she said he looked a bit yellow, i didnt really think so, he has been an amazing eater, latched on right away and has had no problems at all since, but we took him to the lab and waited for test results all afternoon, well when they called i got all scared aparently his billiruben level is at 15, so they sent over a billiblanket for us to leave him wrapped in for 24 hours, or until his levels go down lol, it is the wierdest thing, he is like radioactive baby glowing blue, i can take it off to feed him and thats about it, we go back to the lab in the morning to see if it went down. hopefully it did, otherwise i dont know the next step. Wil's levels were high but never that high to need any treatment, i really hope itgoes away.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! Cooper is beautiful and I am more than happy to take Will ANYtime! He is an angel! :) I love hearing labor and delivery stories - thanks for sharing the experience!

Amanda J said...

I'm glad it went well! It only took me 4 hours as well to have my second one from the time contractions started.

McGinnis Family said...

He is a handsome little guy!!!! Congrats and I'm glad that it went well. Talk about a fast dialation!!!!

Janee said...

Lol, I love it how Wil is totally underwhelmed :) What a precious moment you guys captured! I love that video! I can't believe how dark Cooper's hair is! SO cute...

I hope my second delivery goes that fast! Lucky!

D Oesterle said...

Congratulations...Cooper is adorable! I'm glad everyone is well...remember to try and get some rest!
-Stormi

Hannah said...

Congrats! Glad to hear that things went well. I hope the whole family is doing great!

~*~The McCoy's~*~ said...

Cooper is adorable! My sister-in-laws step sister just had a baby in january and named him Cooper James too. Small world! Hope you are juggling two kids okay. I'm terrified for that part. Did your mom fly out to help? Any tips for taking care of 2 under the age of 2?