Sunday, April 17, 2016

The last couple months

Sometimes you need to write stuff down to remember... I am very pregnant with kid #5. We decided mapthat we needed to sell the house and move closer to Nicks school. He is driving about an hour and a half one way to work and back,  on toll roads that are costing about $100 a month...   Houses sell in the spring time.... people move at the beginning of summer. I am due to have a baby in spring time.....   we decided moving pregnant or with a newborn was going to suck no matter how we do it and that we need to go when the going is good to get the most money out of our home.....
So we put our house on the market.... my mom came and got it crazy clean in here in a week. We put it on the market on a Thursday morning,  and had offers by Saturday and a signed contract by sunday night.......
Now the clock is ticking..... find a house on the other side of Dallas.... with all of the other people in the world... every house we bid on is gone for much high than expected much higher than we can do within the first weekend its up.
We don't have to be out of our house till the end of May... Baby boy is coming at the end of April. This is while Nick is working far away, long days,  he just got through competitions. Now starts the spring show rehersals,  before school, after school, late nights, while fitting in seeing houses,  that I have given up on going with him because it is a giant waste of time because we offer on them and don't get them anyways........
So Friday the kids don't have school, I wake up with a horrible cold..... fever I feel like crap,  but all the kids are home,  no time for a break!  this could be the last time we get to go to the park before baby!!   Nick is seeing houses Friday night, I am lining up with the financing guy to get preapproval letters for the houses we will throw offers at this weekend. We decide to go to the new park that opened... I am 36 and a lot weeks pregnant,  contractions all the time... 7 lb baby in there(just had an ultrasound)  dialated to a 3..... baby is coming soon I hope I'm miserable....  lets go to the park
we are there for about 3 minutes,  my kids scatter... Daxon and I waddle around slowly to find Ember,  shes loving this place,  I say "you should try that thing over there" away she goes I look back at dax to make sure he is coming,  I look back at Ember and she had fallen,  face first onto the metal feet bar of this stand and spin thing....  shes running to me screaming,   blood every where....  we drop tot he ground and pull out wipes,  I cant really tell what happened looks like her lip, too much blood.....   wipe some of it away and notice her 4 front teeth are pushed back and up to the roof of her mouth.... wow I say,  I keep wiping,   another mom asks if I need anything,  a flock of moms around now, making sure the toddler doesn't wander off.. "Just trying to decide if we are headed to the ER or to the dentist.... " I say,   I repack her mouth, I point out my other two kids and some lady goes and gets them, they are ticked we have to leave..  Wil carries Daxon,  Cooper grabs the bag, I scoop up ember we walk quickly and calmly to the car,  she isn't crying.... shes just holding me tight.....
so much blood!
the boys are mad,  why are we leaving we just got here,  we didn't get to do the zip line we were in line the whole time,  can we go back
explaining to them that we are in emergency mode,  it took them a while to get it, 
I start having contractions and a panic attack,  everyone gets buckled
phone calls,   her dentist isn't there today,   the next 3 dentists don't take her insurance,  make an appointment at one 30 minutes away, for in an hour and a half.... they say stop at the urgent care to make sure there is nothing else happening..
drag everyone into the urgent care, they don't take our insurance,  they take her into the hallway and look at her without checking her in so they don't have to charge me if its nothing,  they were amazing,  they checked her eyes, looked inside to make sure nothing needed stitches, said we were ok and to get her to the dentist where they would be equipped to help her....
Ember was a champ the whole time,  no crying,  let people look. Her lip was swollen to at least 6 times the normal size..... it was so huge and scary.......
I didn't cry until after the xray,  I was holding her,  I saw the xray and knew theyd have to pull em out......  Then the dentist came in and confirmed it,  I just started sobbing......  but not for too long,  just a couple, quietly,  while she wasn't looking.... my only girl,  4 boys and my one sweet ember is the one who is going to miss her teeth for the next 3 years....
the other two teeth beside them they could pull forward a bit, and the tooth beside that has a chip in it that they will file down next time, when the swelling goes down..... 
the tooth fairy came, (daddy) brought home some new toys and some cash for under her pillow.
he asked if he could buy her a car?  lol
She didn't talk or eat for the next 24 hours....   she drooled and was in so much pain.  it took forever for the swelling to start to go down,   we are about 2 days out now.
She finally got off the bed and tried to eat a muffin at dinner last night...  she just lit up. drank a protein drink and the life came back into her! she was trying to talk. she was being funny,  she started to dance around..... I felt like I could live again......   hurt kids is the absolute worst...... the worst
I'm so glad shes not hurt worse...  teeth are whatever,  
the hardest part of having this many kids.... the hardest part,  is not the day to day crap,  not the laundry,  not the messes, not the smells,  nto the homework...... the hardest part is having these humans,   these mortal, hurtable beings,    and when they hurt,  I hurt..... bad.... and that's a lot of chances to get hurt...... when someone is mean to them.... when they are heartbroken...... when they cry.....  and I cant do anything but sit there and watch them go through their trial......    that's the hardest part...


1 comments:

Megan said...

Oh man. Elise. Ember! What a sweet mom and daughter. I'm so glad that urgent care rocked even though the insurance nuances. You are such a great mom, I'm glad #5 didn't decide to come during all that excitement. :) What a story, she's going to love telling it to her future boyfriends.