Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A lady in my ward took my baby name! I have been planning on naming my second son Cooper since I was pregnant with Wil, it was really what i wanted to name wil but got trumped out of it and have been planning on naming this one Cooper since then! Well a lady in my ward had her kid last week or not so long ago and freaking stole my name!!! what do i do, i wanted to be origional the only one in his class at least with that name now he wont even be the only one in nursery with the name, and its a family name, Nick's middle name is Cooper, Nick's grandma's maiden name was Cooper and the whole family line died out with her so its kinda importante. im bummed, now since im gonna have my kid second everyone will think that i copied her name. sigh, did i mention that im bummed. lesson learned, dont tell people your baby names or they will get stolen, u dont think people will do that but it happens.

7 comments:

Megan said...

You should totally name your boy Cooper.Sooner than later you will move - or the others will move... or whatever. But that really does super suck. Maybe this one won't be 'cooper' either? Once you get to see him it'll all come together... but maybe a have a few possibilities and the next boy down the road will be 'cooper' . . . or middle name for sure. That's a toughy, and I don't really know what I'd do - but it's easy for me to just say - name the boy Cooper anyway.

Aubreydoll said...

That sucks! But, do you really plan on being around those people for the rest of your life? It's a name that's obviously important to you so don't worry about it!

Tim & Alicia said...

I agree with Megan. Just do, and you can be sure to tell people it is a family name. No one questions family names. Although (this is different, but similar I think) I did tell my mom we were thinking of naming Ellia, Melvina (since Steve's middle name is Melvin) and we would just call her Melly. That didn't go over well. Mom was nice about it. But she is nice about everything. She wasn't a fan, but she couldn't say anything because it was a family name.

D Oesterle said...

We were totally thinking of naming Kai, Cooper...I love that name, but that is a dilemma! Like the others said in their comments...are you going to live there forever? Good luck!
Stormi

Frisbies Forever said...

Name them what you want, others will get over it and no matter how original you think you are being someone always names them it somewhere. I thought Brett was a really old name and no one ever used it anymore, but... start kindergarten and lo and behold 2 Brett's!!! Go figure. So name what makes you happy and forget about the rest.

Janee said...

Oh no! Oh well, I'd name him Cooper anyway :)

Julie Barb said...

I heard the Haws named their baby Cooper...but seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. At first people may say something, but after that no one will think a thing of it. He'll have his name his whole life...so just name him what you want and try not to worry about it:)